Friday, February 10, 2012
This project is a coil pot. To make this we took long coils of clay and made them into rings. Next we placed the on top of each other, smoothing out the inside as we went. Once the pot reached a desired height it was bisque fired. Then I glazed it tan and this is the final product.
The last project I made was a bust of Pau Gasol. Making this project was challenging because in order to support the clay before it hardened we built a frame out of newspaper.When I tried to remove the paper from the inside the the project cracked in half. I then filled in the crack with a few layers of clay and it was fixed.